HOMEPAGE of Lucio Paternò
Former Full Professor of Astrophysics at Catania University
(Retired from University since November 1st 2010 for age limits)
Member of French Academy of Sciences (section: Sciences of the Universe)
Member of the Gioenia Academy of Natural Sciences in Catania (section: Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics)
Presently: Associate Scientist at INAF-Catania Astrophysical Observatory
Address: Osservatorio Astrofisico di Catania
Via S. Sofia, 78
95123 Catania - Italy
- An innovative hybrid neuro-wavet method for reconstruction of missing data in astronomical photoelectric surveys. Lecture Notes in Computer Science7267, ICAISC 2012, Part I, Eds. Rutkwoski et al.,Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 21 – 29 (2012)
- Big-Bang, Evolution of the Universe and the Mistery of L (Lectio Magistralis in the occasion of the Opening Ceremony of the Accademia Gioenia CLXXXV Year – Catania 20 February 2009). Boll. Accademia Gioenia Vol. 42, N. 370, OL1 – OL18 (2009)
- Why are the stars as they are? Eddington parable revisited: lecture given in the Gioenia Academy session of May 9th, 2014
- Solar differential rotation, a historical view: presentation in the occasion of the meeting “Waves and Physics” for celebration of the 70th birthday of Douglas Gough. Baia delle Zagare, Gargano, Italy, 23 June 2011.
- Solar differential rotation, a historical view: presentation in the occasion of the meeting “Synergies between Solar and Stellar Modelling” during which was celebrated the 70th birthday of Lucio Paternò. Academia Belgica, Rome 22 – 26 June 2009.
- Magnetars as a consequence of magnetic field amplification by dynamo effect: seminar at the Merate Astronomical Observatory. Merate 26 May 2009.
- Big-Bang, Evoluzione dell’Universo e Mistero di L: lectio magistralis in the occasion of the Opening Ceremony of the Accademia Gioenia CLXXXV Year. Università di Catania, Palazzo del Rettorato 20 February 2009.
Etna’s view from my office at Observatory
in the University Campus